Massage Therapy CEs | Maryland Package
Massage Therapy Continuing education CEs available: 7 (1 Diversity, 3 Communicable Diseases/HIV, 3 Ethics Boundary Setting). This one click package enrolls you in all three of the required courses, with a volume discount.
Classification of CEs: Diversity and Cultural Training, Communicable Diseases/HIV, Ethics
Approved by: Institute of Somatic Therapy (Judith Koch) is approved by the NCBTMB (Provider #280672-00) as a continuing education Approved Provider. Institute of Somatic Therapy is approved by Florida (#MCE-326), and New York (#0019). Our courses are also valid for AMTA, ABMP, and most individual states. Some states limit how many hours can be done online or by home study. Please refer to our State Guidelines section for specific information about your state. Laws can and do change, and your state will hold you responsible for knowing the laws that apply to you.
Tuition: $39 for online courses and tests. To enroll: Simply click the green "buy now" button. You will see the course in your shopping cart, with the option to continue shopping (if you want to enroll in more than one course) or checkout. Once you click checkout, it will take you through the process of creating a new account if you do not have one, or logging into an existing account if we find an account already associated with your email address. You do not need to have an existing account before you add a course to your shopping cart.
Alternative Coupon Offer: If this package does not fit your needs, you have the option to create your own customized package rather than using one of our pre-designed packages. For details, click here.
Testing: You complete your test online, and immediately upon passing, print your own certificate.
Course Description: This is a package special designed for Maryland Massage Therapists. It covers the three required course topics of diversity and cultural awareness, communicable diseases, and ethics.
The three courses you will receive when you enroll in this package are as follows:
1) Diversity and Cultural Awareness, 1 CE. This online massage therapy CEU course looks at diversity and cultural awareness in an employment and massage therapist setting. After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define relevant terms, including: diversity, culture, race, ethnicity, tolerance, assimilation, stereotype, prejudice, discrimination, racism
- Explain the purpose of diversity training, and understand the current state of diversity within the amssage therapy industry in America
- List the most common reasons for discrimination lawsuits
- Explain differences among various cultrues related to touch
This course satisfies the State of Maryland requirement for 1 CE in Diversity and Cultural Awareness.
2) Communicable Diseases/HIV for Massage Therapists. 3 CEs. This coursecovers the biological laws of disease, the body's defenses to disease, and the stages of disease development. You will be able to identify the symptoms, type of pathogen, and modes of transmission for nine common communicable diseases, including HIV, and identify prevention and sanitation techniques to prevent the spread of disease.
3) Ethics - Boundary Setting. 3 CEs. This online continuing education course for massage therapists satisfies the NCBTMB Standard V Roles and Boundaries Ethics requirements for roles and boundaries. Have you ever either let people trample your boundaries because you were too timid to speak up for yourself, or overreacted and come across as defensive or rude when someone has crossed a line? That never has to happen to you again. This three-hour massage therapy CE course takes an in-depth look at recognizing and respecting the boundaries of others, as well as establishing and enforcing your own boundaries. You will learn a calm, simple, four step process to enforce your boundaries that even the most timid can follow when someone is encroaching on their boundaries.
By enrolling in this special Maryland Package, you will get all three courses. If you only need one or two of the courses, you can take them individually elsewhere on our site.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Are your online courses downloadable to my computer? No. You must be logged in on our website to view the course materials, although many courses do have downloadable files with them. Please feel free to take our free sample course to see how our online courses and testing works.
Will your online courses work on my phone, tablet, or other device? Yes. Since technology continues its rapid pace forward, it is impossible for us to provide a current and complete list of all devices on which our courses will work. We invite you to take our free sample course so that you can personally test if the online content and streaming video work on your device.
What happens if I fail the test? Do I have to pay again? No. If you happen to fail our test, you can continue to retest until you do pass at no additional charge. With most of our courses, as noted above, the test will be different each time you take it. You can print out your test results to use as a reference for studying before taking the test again.
Do you report our course completions to the NCBTMB, ABMP, AMTA, or the Maryland State Board of Massage? No. None of these agencies have a method for us to report to them on your behalf. They require that you provide the evidence of CEs that their renewal process details.
To contact the Institute of Somatic Therapy about this or any other massage therapy CEU course, please go to the "contact" link above. Thank you.