Massage Therapy CEs | Prenatal/Doula/Infant Courses
Certified Prenatal Massage Therapist
Our prenatal certification package consists of the following:
- Step One: Prenatal Massage Fundamentals (tuition $129)
- Step Two: Prenatal Massage Techniques (tuition $139)
For complete course descriptions, state or national board approval information, and frequently asked questions about these courses, please refer to each individual course by clicking on each course title above.
Tuiton: $268 before coupons. To receive a $25 package discount on just this package, use coupon code P25. If enrolling in this package and any one or more other courses at the same time, you may qualify for a better discount by using our "Customize Your Own Package" coupon codes found here. Coupon codes must be entered at the time of enrollment. They are not retroactive.
Please note there is a one-time $35 certifciation fee that will be due when you access the certification submission.
(All amounts are in US Dollars)
How to earn the title Certified Prenatal Massage Therapist:
- Complete both courses, Prenatal Massage Fundamentals (Step One) and Prenatal Massage Techniques (Step Two).
- Complete required homework: Perform two full-body massage sessions on two different pregnant clients, who must be at least 20 weeks pregnant. Perform one postpartum massage on a postpartum client who is no more than 2 weeks postpartum. The certification process consists of a self-analysis of your practice sessions. For example, you will answer questions such as: Looking back at your session, what was the best part of the experience? How you can build on that in future sessions? What was the biggest challenge with this massage? What can you do to mitigate this challenge so it is less a problem in the future? What questions did your client have? How can you implement that information into future work? Based on this experience, what are three things you can do better next time?
- When you are erady to apply for certification click the “Begin Certification Process”. You will need to follow the steps to pay the $35 certification fee and submit your forms. Once you submit that to us, we will review it within 1 – 3 business days. You will be notified by email when it has been approved. You will then log back into the course and print your certification certificate.
To find the certification homework documentation requirements: There is a PDF located in the course materials, in the PDF section to the right. Just log into your account, click “access course” to the far right of the course title, and then access the course materials. From there, look to the right at the PDF file section. You can refer to this documentation as you are performing the homework. When you are ready, you will complete the online submission process.
Neither the NCBTMB nor any state massage therapy boards make a determination on the awarding of the title of Certified Prenatal Massage Therapist.
To contact the Institute of Somatic Therapy about this or any other massage therapy CEU course, please go to the "contact" link above. Thank you.